Integrated waste management facilities for boosting recycling and composting in 7 Regions through cross-border activities
INTERREG IPA CBC Programme “Greece – Albania 2014 – 2020”
1. Region of Epirus (Greece)
2. Region of Ionian Islands (Greece)
3. Waste Management of Western Macedonia SA (Greece)
4. Centre for Research and Technology Hellas/Chemical Process and Energy Resources Institude (Greece)
5. Regional Council of Gjirokastra (Albania)
6. Regional Council of Korce (Albania)
7. Regional Council of Vlorë (Albania) 8. Regional Council of Berat (Albania)
The overall objective of the project is to boost recycling and composting through planning, construction and supply activities for sustainable solid waste management infrastructure/actions in 7 Regions in Greece and Albania. Other project objectives include:
• identifying common problems and inefficiencies and creating opportunities of exchange and cooperation
• promoting participation, public awareness and stakeholder involvement at local and regional level
• encouraging technology transfer, know-how, and best practices on waste management on recycling and composting among the 7 regions and promoting cross-border cooperation
• promoting the establishment and operation of innovative infrastructures and initiatives such as green points (recycling), composting plant, separate collection
• strengthening the implementation of EU, national and regional policies on environmental protection and waste management.
DIADYΜΑ will construct five green points in Kastoria, Florina, Deskati, Grevena and Amyntaio, inside the Local Waste Management Units. Will develop an informational platform and procurement of collection equipment.
Comments are closed.