Waste Management Options for Greenhouse Gases Emissions Control
1. Environmental Planning, Engineering and Management SA (Greece)
2. Waste Management of Western Macedonia SA (Greece)
3. Waste Management Authority of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace SA (Greece)
4. Trans-Municipal Enterprise of Solid Waste Management (Greece)
The main objectives of the program are:
-Development of appropriate tools that will allow, to Solid Waste Management Bodies and other stakeholders, the substantial reduction of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions resulting from their Solid Waste Management activities
- Development of appropriate evaluation, monitoring, control, and reporting procedures related to different waste management options and corresponding reductions in GHG emissions
-Evaluation of the possibilities and opportunities of European policy (waste prevention and recycling, energy policy, etc.) and legislation (Waste Framework Directive), to reduce GHG emissions using alternative waste management practices
- Awareness raising, education and dissemination of information on the different options of the EMS and tackling climate change - Reduction of GHG emissions at local (Eastern Macedonia / Thrace, Western Macedonia, and Chania) and sectoral (waste management) level.
DIADYMA developed the Local Action Plan, and contributed to the design and the development of a decision software tool for reducing the GHG emmissions, based on the technlogy and the waste management systems of the region.
Comments are closed.